St. Louis, Chicago, Milwaukee, or Minneapolis.
- Responsible for sales activities for solid surface products with potential future responsibility for a broader portfolio of products and segments.
- Execute the sales and marketing plan for the profitable growth of the business.
- Responsible for the sales territory profitability performance against plan, accountable for achieving agreed upon goals for sales, profit, other financial metrics, and completion of assigned action plans.
- Develop and maintain a market database including competitive analysis, market structure and size, market segment analysis, relative pricing, distribution channels, and value proposition.
- Investigate and develop new market opportunities in line with defined global marketing strategy.
- Develop sales channel and account strategies to identify sales/development opportunities to expand/grow our position with the customers.
- Optimize profitability of the region through the implementation of sales territory strategies and pricing as agreed with the North America Sales Manager.
- Define and implement the territory distribution strategy to optimize profitable sales.
- Utilize corporate CRM to manage commercial project pipeline and target account activity, maintaining a business pipeline corresponding to the financial Business Plan for the territory
- Develop and maintain key customer relationships.
- Define and support implementation of key account strategies and specific growth initiatives at key accounts for growth and partnership development.
- Recommend and manage pricing consistent with business goals, but reflecting the competitive situation, growth strategy, and market price points.
- Maintain close communications with key functional areas including Product Management, Marketing, Manufacturing, Supply Chain, R&D, and Finance to ensure a high service level and optimum profitability in the region.
- Provide regional inputs to the Sales & Operations Planning, forecast, and budget processes.
- Manage expenses within the defined budget.
Qualifications and Requirements:
- Identify market needs for new and existing products and work with Marketing, R&D and Product Management to fill need. This includes potential new products, identification of product and market trends, pricing, significant competitive actions, etc.
- Establish relationships with new customers in targeted market segments as defined by marketing.
- Work with Marketing to develop sales promotion tools and communication plans consistent with value proposition and overall brand.
- Monitor and report on competitive activities.
Manage assigned accounts.
- Grow profitable sales at assigned accounts.
- Develop strong multi-level relationships at assigned accounts.
- Develop opportunities for sales growth with existing and new products.
- Development and execution of territory strategy
- Sales and profitability growth, measured in both in absolute dollar and percentage growth, and achievement of other financial metrics.
- CRM utilization and pipeline metric management
- Quality of inputs for development of global and regional business/marketing strategies.
- Forecast accuracy
- Expense management within defined budget
Desired Skills & Experience
- Local candidates are strongly preferred.
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent required and minimum 3 years field sales in building products or related industry.
- Experience required in selling, construction or building, commercial-new construction, architectural or design. All of these experiences will be used in evaluating a candidate for this position.
- Must be capable of understanding specifications – ability to read blueprints is a benefit
- Must possess effective strong communication, interpersonal, and presentation skills.
- Knowledge of the architectural products selling cycle.
- Possess a strong drive and motivation to succeed with a high entrepreneurial spirit.
- Comfortable using standard electronic communication and business analysis tools.
- Ability to work independently and manage time effectively
- Travel – 70%
- Microsoft Office Proficiency
- Ability to work with CRM system
(215) 732-4311 ext 20