•Riverdale, IL •Concord, NC • Waxahachie, TX • Baytown, TX • or Hanford, CA
High school diploma
The Ammonia Field Service Technician will be responsible for multiple duties which include;
- Provide support to the company field service team and plant operations.
- Work with customers and corporate staff to resolve problems and issues with various systems.
- Remove ammonia liquid and vapor from multiple sources which include refrigeration systems, storage tanks and pipelines.
- Install and maintain ammonia tanks, piping and pumps.
- Provide support to the company’s Specialty Products sales team.
- Maintain proper parts inventory in service vans and warehouse.
- Document work via work orders and service agreements.
- Maintain a neat, clean and profession appearance.
- Maintain trucks trailers and vans in neat cleans and safe condition.
- Maintain site specific training records.
- Ensure all safety rules are strictly observed.
- Maintain appropriate drivers’ license and safety training.
- Accurate and timely submittal of documents.
- Must have TWIC or be able to acquire.
Qualifications and Requirements:
- Class A CDL driver’s license with Tanker and Hazmat endorsements.
- Clean Motor Vehicle Record (MVR).
- 1 year commercial driving experience.
- High school diploma or equivalent.
- Ability to read and comprehend material safety data sheets and mechanical drawings.
- Have a basic knowledge of chemistry and physics.
- Knowledge of the area and ability to lift and drag hoses up to 90 lbs. required.
- Must be able to drive hazardous cargo for up to 11 hours; frequent bending and reaching also required.
- Must be able to work at heights, climb stairs and ladders.
- Ability to work independently and under some pressure to meet deadlines.
- Must be able to work overtime, weekends and holidays if necessary. Work for long periods. Must be flexible.
- Must be able to work with a wide variety of people with different personalities and backgrounds.
- Must have basic computer experience.
- Must meet all physical qualification standards imposed by regulation for drivers and be able to meet requirements to wear and use an ammonia escape respirator.
- Must be able to operate in a drug-free workplace.
- Must have a reasonable amount of mechanical aptitude, working with piping, valves and pumps.
- Working away from home for extended periods may be required.
- Must be able to travel anywhere either by air or truck up to 40 percent.