Under the direction of the District Manager, the incumbent will develop rentals and sales of welding equipment, power generation and weld automation in assigned region by following sales leads, making presentations, preparing quotations, maintaining all required literature and providing customer follow-ups. The incumbent will also assess customer needs and recommend appropriate solutions. Some overnight travel is required.
- Develops and increases end user customer base by effective communication, assessment of needs and recommendations of solutions.
- Performs onsite equipment demonstrations.
- Makes application recommendations of welding and positioning equipment.
- Develops long-term supply relationships through contracts and/or agreements.
- Works as part of a team in providing customer solutions.
- Meets or exceeds rental and sales goals specified in the market area.
- Represents the company at trade association meetings and Trade Shows to promote products.
- Compiles lists of prospective customers for sales leads based on information from newspapers, business directories, trade journals and/or other sources.
- Maintains accurate and timely submission of sales call reports and expenses.
- Provides customer follow-up.
- Provides back-up coverage at the branch location during vacations and other employee shortages.
- Performs other related duties as required.
- Post-secondary education equivalent to a Diploma in Business Management or equivalent.
- Sales experience in either an industrial equipment rental or a welding equipment sales or rental environment (ideally construction, fabrication, and/or manufacturing sectors) an asset.
- Working knowledge of positioning equipment, welding applications and equipment an asset.
- Ability to develop and execute market/business plans.
- Must have excellent technical knowledge as well as strong interpersonal and management skills.
- Proven ability to develop new accounts and new business opportunities.
- Requires high-quality presentation and negotiating skills.
- Ability to work with a wide variety of people with different personalities and backgrounds.
- Ability to travel and be away from home 25-35% of the time.
- Must have a valid driver’s license.
- Computer skills to produce effective spreadsheets, reports, documents and presentations, as required. Knowledge of MS Office and Microsoft Dynamics CRM applications.
- Adaptable to set and prioritize work with varying exceptions.
- Communicates with clarity, verbally in one on one or group situations, and over the telephone.
- Communicates well in writing by composing clear documents.